Last night, I finally got around to unpinning the body of Belvedere and blocking the sleeves. As I was folding the body to sit in a neat pile to await the sleeves, I noticed that one of the armholes wasn’t laying right. Then I looked more closely:
Um. That’s supposed to be a straight line.
How in the H-E-DOUBLE-HOCKEY-STICKS did I manage that?!?!?! The only REAL way to fix it is to frog both button bands and the entire hood, then unseam the right front from the back, then realign it and reseam it. I haven’t decided what I’m going to do. If I can get away with it, I’ll just tuck under the extra flap and attach my sleeves and forget any of this ever happened.
In today’s knitting flub we have my Banff sleeve. As you recall, I accidentally cast on the sleeve for Banff instead of the back. Well, my stitch gauge is hunky-dory but my row gauge is way off. As in, unless I’m attached to a rack and my arms are stretched several inches, I’ve got to rework these. This is making my head hurt because it means that all of the raglan shaping is going to be wonky. I guess the good news is that I discovered this on a sleeve instead of on the front or back, but I don’t feel lucky – I feel frustrated as all get out. I give up.
It’s been pretty cold all week, so I’ve clicked into comfort food mode. A few days ago, I made a mini-batch of beef stew. Beef Stew with Mushrooms and Carrots, to be precise. I’ve had better, but it wasn’t TOO bad. The red zin I added makes it even a little tasty. Fairly simple on the directional front.
Brown mushrooms, onion, beef, combine, add other stuff, voila! And don’t forget the milk – it does a body good.