Once again, I need a vacation from my vacation. Lake Anna was big fun with only minimal drama; for the most part, everyone had a blast and we’re looking into group rates for Betty Ford or any other detoxing center of our choice.
Things I learned in the last 96 hours:
- None of our brains work the same way and I think that’s a good thing – Apples to Apples.
- Nearly everyone cheats at drinking games
- Motley excels at bodily functions
- We all snore
- 40 Year-Old Virgin is way funnier with subtitles on
- None of us could ever chug syrup without becoming violently ill
- For some reason, lying on a dock at o’dark-thirty in the morning is both a good idea and hysterically funny
- After a while, blue tarps, baby oil and kitchen utensils seem like perfectly normal sex-essories
- No trip is complete without hard hats/protective headgear: see testing KEG’s protective gear or sliding down the steps headfirst on a cot mattress
- It is possible to laugh your way to tighter abs – my gut is killing me.
- Who needs shenanigans when you’ve got plastic wrap and aluminum foil?
- We make excellent guinea pigs for Bang and Snatch’s wedding presents
- Next year’s house needs more furniture and more bedrooms
- Stick really shouldn’t shoot tequila. Ever.
- Do it!
- I seriously overestimated the amount of quiet, knitting time I’d have at my disposal (but I did manage to get a little work done on my Hermione)