Qualifying for the Daytona 500 was yesterday afternoon and, after a strong run Saturday night during the Bud Shootout, Team 48 came out strong and qualified on the pole for Daytona! No wonder Chad didn’t want to use the Daytona car as backup after the Shootout car wrecked in practice. He’s been sitting on this baby waiting for this race. All 4 HMS cars looked good this weekend; I can’t wait for the Duels Thursday and the big show on Sunday.
I wussed out of going to the Chinese New Year parade downtown yesterday. After getting home from brunch and realizing the time (and the fact that it was windy out, I decided to curl up inside and swatch for my Victory Junction Gang Camp afghan instead. I’ll have to
do some tweaking to the pattern, but I don’t think it’ll be a big deal. I’m planning on using the Circle of Friends Garter Stitch blanket (from Last Minute Knitted Gifts) and just making it a larger square. We’ll see how it turns out. I should at least be able to manage garter without too much trouble during the races.
Pardon me while I distract you from the lack of real knitting with this yellowish blog. Oooh. Honey swatch.
I didn’t quite achieve all of my goals for the weekend, but at least I put a dent in a couple of them.
1) Clear the Cooking Light magazines out of my room. Well, most of them made it to the cookbook shelf in the dining room, although there is still a magazine file with 4-5 of them in my room; I just never got around to taking it to the shelf.
2) Wash and put away laundry. I’d say this is 90% done. I washed four loads of laundry this weekend (but more remains). The last load of sheets and towels hasn’t gotten put away yet and will have to remain on hold until I get back from this round of dog sitting.
3) Throw out full-size sheets that don’t fit queen-sized bed (keep set for air mattress). Not
even close. I’ll do it once I open the trunk to put away the aforementioned clean sheets.
4) Toss a trash bag of stuff (this is so easy it’s almost a gimme; I should make it TWO bags). It was two bags of trash and two stacks of recycled magazines and catalogs. Does anyone else have trouble throwing away stubs? Soccer games, airline flights, tickets stubs to plays from way back when?
5) Finish the body of Wicked during the Bud Shootout, or at least finish
turning the heel of my sock. None of the above. Aside from swatching for my blanket, I didn’t do much knitting at all this weekend.
How did everyone else do? Stick? Amy?
I’m off to dog sit my cousin’s pooch Guinness this week (ugh, enough with the dog sitting), so I should get some more good couch/knitting time in. Unfortunately, this also means putting any sort of organizing plans on hold until I’m back home. I’ll work on coming up with another plan of attack.
(* P1 = Position #1, for those of you who don’t rate as high on the dorkometer as I do)