No, I’m not channeling my inner Borg – that’s the number of strips I’ve completed for my Oval of Friends blanket.
Pay no mind to the 732 ends I have to weave in. I’ll get there. Someday. Maybe I should pause after I finish the 4th strip and weave in all the ends up to that point. Hmm, something to consider.
I’ve also been working on my second Diagonal Cross-Rib sock. It’s not very far along, the stitch pattern is slightly easier than the first (the cross-rib is reversed) so it’s actually going to knit up faster, I think.
E and I headed out for a pub trivia field trip last night. Our favorite bartender "Stewie" apparently no longer works there, but we made a respectable showing, only coming in 5 pts behind the winners. Of course, we don’t know how many teams fell between us and the winners, but we feel pretty good about our performance. Questions we missed included:
- Whose face appears on the Canadian $10 bill?
- The Iditarod (not Idiotard, Stick) is an Alaskan dogsled race which is run from Anchorage to what city?
- Who is responsible for the quip, "I can resist anything but temptation"?
- What is the name of Don Quixote’s horse? Or Dale Evans’ horse, for that matter?
- What was the name of the character played by Lee Majors in the TV Series, "The Fall Guy"?
We missed far more than just these, but this is a sampling of our pop culture failure.