Even though this was the glum sight that I faced most of the day (and I can still hear it coming down tonight), I can hardly complain after the beautiful weather we had in the D.C. area this week. Besides, the gloomy skies were a blessing in disguise since I over-indulged a smidge last night in celebrating both a friend’s return from the sandbox and another’s bachelorette night on the town. Although I seriously considered staying in last night, I’m glad I went out and caught up with friends.
Told ya I finally had two toes done! These are my monkeys from days gone by. I finished them last weekend and never got around to taking pictures. Still not a superb photo shoot by any stretch of the imagination; I’ll work on those someday.
Cast on: 3/12/08
Cast off: 4/13/08
Pattern: Cookie’s Monkeys
Yarn: Claudia’s Handpainted; colorway – John B.
Needles: Trusty size 0 32" Addi Turbos
Modifications: Added a picot cuff, my first ever. Fuuuuuuuuusssssssssssssssy! But now I know how to do it. I did a sl1, k1 heel flap instead of the sl1, k across called for in the pattern. I also fudged the toes on both socks b/c I was starting to run short on yarn (damn you, size 10 feet!!!).
This was my second pair of Monkeys and I doubt it’ll be my last. The pattern is varied enough to keep my interest but simple enough to memorize. Of course, that isn’t to say that I don’t forget the pattern periodically, but I wouldn’t be me if I were perfect.