I like to think this brown pelican was preening for the camera, but one just never knows. I had a bit more luck finding animals today when I wandered into NW Washington DC and headed to the National Zoo. I’m still getting to know my camera, as evidenced by some of the almost-really-cool pictures that I got of tigers, but they didn’t quite come out the way I wanted.
The main reason I was downtown today was that I had to come to work, supposedly at 8:30 a.m. but really I rolled in around 10. No harm, no foul, but it has made for a long day in the city – particularly since DC United plays in an hour and a half. At least the sun will be down (but it’ll still be roasty-toasty).
In other slacker news, I’m behind in my Secret Pal questions so here goes:
Week #3 – What would you consider the perfect amount of stash?
Probably right around what I have now. I have enough skeins of sock yarn to keep me in stitches for the next several months, a couple of sweaters-worth of yarn, and a little lace-weight, provided I actually give that a try. Having said that, I’m sure I’d be content with double what I have now as well! Of course, the perfect amount of stash is also largely dependent on how much room you have.
Week #4 – 1) What yarn (that you don’t have/haven’t used) would make your stash “complete”?
2) What yarn do you never want to be without?
1) There are some sock yarns that I haven’t tried yet I’d like to get my needles on: Wollmeise, Dream In Color Smooshy, Sundara. Sea Silk also seems divine, but I have no idea what I would do it other than fondle it. Repeatedly.
2) I don’t know that there’s a yarn that I have to have by my side at all time. I’m not really that devoted to anything in particular.
Week #5 – 1) Where is your favorite place to go for vacation/holiday?
2) Where is one place you’d like to go?
1) I don’t know that I have a single favorite location that I like to go for vacation. I like going to the beach – Emerald Isle was fantabulous last month – but I don’t often return to the same place over and over. There are too many places I haven’t been.
2) That I haven’t been before? “One place” is not an option. U.S.: Alaska; Portland, Oregon; the Grand Canyon; Cape Cod; Charleston, SC. Canada – Toronto and Vancouver especially. Other – Belize, Italy, Scotland, Argentina, the Panama Canal, Greece, Scandinavia. Top 3 would be Italy, Toronto, Scotland.