(perhaps a cheerier C)
Swiped from bag 'n' trash in a feeble attempt to put something non-morose on this here blog.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I prefer gift bags, but that's largely because I'm lazy and get frustrated when my wrapping job isn't perfect. On top of that, I get frustrated with ribbons and bows et al. I make a special effort to wrap Mama Knascar's with as much frippery as possible because she likes it.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. I 'm not exactly anti-real tree, but I grew up with an ancient artificial tree. Half of the game became trying to figure out which branches went where once the painted-on tips wore off.
3. When do you put up the tree? I don't. If I had my own space, I'd probably do more decorating, but as I share a house with three other people, I usually just wait and absorb atmosphere once I'm back in Ohio. I have no idea what this year will hold.
4. When do you take the tree down? n/a
5. Do you like eggnog? Um, yes.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I have absolutely no idea. Big Trak was fun, but I think my dad enjoyed it far more than I did. OOOH, I know! The flute I got from my grandmother when I was in high school!
7. Hardest person to buy for? My grandmother.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My dad…sort of. He always tells you exactly what he wants; you just have to hope it isn't ridiculously expensive or hard to come by.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Nyet.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? If I send them at all, it's via snail mail.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I'm sure it was some article of clothing that I would never ever wear.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Does "Love Actually" count? I enjoy "White Christmas" and "It's a Wonderful Life" but I don't know that they'd rate as favorites.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? It depends on whether or not I have a brainstorm about something that someone would like. The timing is entirely dependent on that. And whether or not I'm knitting for them.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I know of, but if the correct opportunity presented itself, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? cookies. Mexican wedding cookies, date pinwheels, white chocolate/macadamia nut, magic cookies – all remind me of Christmas.
16. Lights on the tree? Yes
17. Favorite Christmas song? "Christmas Wrapping" by the Waitresses and "The Christmas Song" by Nat King Cole.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Back to Ohio to be with the parents
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Easily.
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People. The masses go completely crazy this time of year – seemingly more each and every year – and it really sucks the joy out of the season for me. Don't even get me started on the WalMart nonsense.
22. Favorite ornament theme or color? I don't know that it counts as an ornament theme, but there were these plaster ornaments that Mama K baked in the oven when I was elementary school-aged and painted for me. As I possess absolutely no artistic skill whatsoever (coloring inside the lines is tricky), these are my absolute favorites.
23. What do you want for Christmas this year? nothing tangible
24. Angel on the tree top or a star? Usually it's an angel.
25. Favorite Christmas dinner? When I think of Christmases, they tend to be at my dad's parents' house in Akron. I don't remember anything special about the dinners though, except my grandmother dealing with the turkey the night before or complaining about the line at HoneyBaked Ham. Just the feel of it more than the food, I suppose.